Project Dressing Room - Phase Two (carpet)

22:57 Unknown 13 Comments

A couple of weeks ago we began to redecorate our spare room so that we could use it as a dressing room. As you can imagine I'm VERY excited about the prospect of having a dressing room, even it is very small!

With having three young children,we don't have much spare time, so we're doing the dressing room in phases over a few weekends. Phase One was actually painting the room, which has made such a difference already- read about it and see some before shots here.

Last week we had the new carpet fitted and it really makes such a difference. We've chosen one that's got quite a thick pile, so it feels nice and luxurious on your feet.

I've tried to get some pics, but due to the room being small it's quite difficult and the carpet appears darker than it actually is, but hopefully you'll get the idea.


I've also started picking up little accessories when I see them. These candles were from a friend and I've had them in my bedroom for a while. However, they really fit well in here, so I've moved them. I saw the photo frame when I was shopping in Tesco and at £2, it would've been a crime not to pop it in the trolley!
 
 
We're planning to get the furniture at the weekend. We're heading to Ikea and the plan is go with mirrored Pax wardrobes to make the space seem bigger and a Malm dressing table. The biggest challenge will be to not kill each other whilst setting it up. Hubby and I don't have a great history of building flat pack furniture together - why do men insist on trying to do it without reading the instructions?!

As you can imagine I've been doing lots of pinning for inspiration on Pinterest. Check out my Dressing Room board for lots of ideas.

I'll keep  you updated.

J x
Home Etc

13 comments :

  1. We love the Pax wardrobes but I left hubby to do it and stayed well away!
    Gorgeous colour carpet too xx #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth! We love Pax too as they're so versatile, it's just the putting them together that causes as issue! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh a dressing room, I'm so jealous! I love the colour scheme, it's very sophisticated and grown-up, so will be nice to step into away from the kids stuff! The carpet looks so fluffy, I want to put my feet on it! #homeetc Sabrina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's already known as "Mummy's room" in our house! The carpet is lovely and soft x

      Delete
  4. Oh my I am beyond envious I am thinking kick my hubby’s office out the spare room and have a dressing room instead! Really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I think your plan sounds perfect, a dressing room is far more important than a boring old office! xx

      Delete
  5. Aaah it's looking so lovely :) Like a proper ladies power room — just gorgeous!! LOVE the dove grey — such a restful palette x Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc — hope to see you again next week!

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caro. It's getting there now :-) I'll keep you updated on #HomeEtc xx

      Delete
  6. It's really coming together. I love the grey and it will look so sophisticated and grown up! How chic :) Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to see the finished product!! Jess x #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's finally finished, I just need to get round to taking some pics and writing a blog post about it! x

      Delete
  7. Glad you've found my post useful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A dressing room at home is really cool, and it is every woman's dream to have one. This idea is brilliant, Jemma! I also love the carpet that you used, because it's very stylish, and its color can easily complement other shades. I hope to see more photos soon! :)


    Nathan Riley @ Steemer Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...]always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I love but don�t get a lot of link love from[...]� site link

    ReplyDelete