Slimming World - week 1 update

14:55 Unknown 0 Comments

I posted last week that I was planning on trying the Slimming World programme. Well, I did and I'm delighted to report that I've lost 3lbs! As you can tell I'm very pleased about this!

My first week went well and I thought it would be useful to share the good and not so good bits about the programme.

Slimming World - the good bits

  • You can eat , so there is no reason to be hungry- people (including me) question how this can work, but you are clearly eat lots of the right foods- fruit, veg, pasta, rice, potatoes, fish and lean meat.
  • There's no weighing - you really can have as much 'free' foods as you want.
  • The meals are suitable for the whole family - we had spaghetti Bolognese, homemade burgers and chips, cottage pie.
  • It works - 3lbs off in a week proves this!


Slimming World - the not so good bits
  • It's time consuming - to really maximise the programme, you need to cook everything from scratch, which takes lots of planning and quite often time.
  • It's expensive - my weekly food bill has gone up by £15 due to all the extra ingredients I need to buy to ensure we eat the right foods all week. 
  • Alcohol has lots of 'Syns' - I knew that this would be the case, but it's still pants!
Overall, it's not too bad at all. We're eating lots of fresh healthy food, which is definitely a good thing, and I feel full. I just have to make sure I've planned ahead and shopped well. I struggle with snacks and I'm sometimes hungry between meals. I'm still getting to grips with Syn values and I'm still a little scared to use them, but hopefully as the weight loss continues, I'll experiment a little more and allow myself some treats to keep me going. If anyone has some good recipes for sweet things that I can snack on to keep me going, please let me know!

Next week, I'll share my food diary. This will hopefully keep me on track this week and will allow you to see what sort of meals you can eat on the programme.

J x

0 comments :