Resting my poorly foot

14:11 Unknown 0 Comments


As I mentioned in my last post, since running the Robin Hood Half Marathon in September, my right foot has been hurting.

I've been trying to still run on it as I really want to try and maintain my half marathon fitness. However, my foot doesn't want to play and every time I exercise (or wear heels) it hurts lots the day after.

This week I've decided to rest completely. I know deep down that rest is the only thing that's going to sort it out! So, I haven't done anything all week, which I've found really hard. I never would've thought I'd ever say that but I think running had made me a little addicted to the endorphin high that exercise gives!

My foot feels lots better, although I'm sad to say that it isn't 100% better. I'd hoped that a week would be all it took but clearly not! I'd planned to run today with new trainers (I think that my trainers caused the issue in the first place!) and a recovered foot, but I haven't had time to buy some new trainers and my foot isn't 100%, so I decided not to go. I have just done a 30 minutes pilates session from YouTube though...

I really don't want to lose my fitness, but on the other hand I don't want to cause any further damage! Injuries are stressful!

One thing I have been surprised about is that I've lost 3lbs in the past two weeks. I've started to follow Slimming World and for me exercise has never really had a big impact on my weight. When I was training for the half marathon, I really struggled to lose anything. I'm hoping that if I can lose another 4lbs, running will be that little bit easier..!

J xx

0 comments :